How you can start computer security from your PC
With the advancement in technology, the world is changing its view about how things work ranging from national security to making order of items online. mostly everything depends on the computer. This gives rise to an increase in security consciousness as majority of data are stored on the computer system.
Your computer systems store various sorts of data and hence if it is not secured, then you might be in for big trouble.
Why is Computer Security important?
what are the reasons why we need to secure our computer system:
- To protect our system against hardware damage
- To prevent our system against theft or damage to the installed software.
- To prevent theft or damage of stored data and information.
- To prevent the disruption of service.
Likewise, the security system keeps the computer system safe by protecting the installed software and the stored data (information).
Steps to protection your data and information
Following are the important steps to protect data:
- Make a regular backup of all your important files.
- protect your system against virus by using anti-virus software.
- Keep updating your computer system.
- Run disk defragmenter and disk cleanup on a certain interval of time.
- Ensure to make use of firewall and anti-spyware software.
- Further, if you use the internet, then you need to take greater precautions following steps below
How to protect your PC when you make use of the internet:
- Do not click on any link that you don’t know its source beware of virus attacks
- Try not to access unauthorised site or unlawful websites due to danger you are not aware of
- Be careful when downloading content online especially unknown website
Regular measure you can follow to keep your system up and working:
Frequent saving and deleting of files (data) from the hard disk creates problems in performance and also reduce the space; therefore, defragmentation again clean-up the drive and restore the system to run smoothly.
Following are the simple steps of defragmentation
While browsing websites (on the internet), many of the files get stored in the hard disk automatically (actually these stored files later help to reopen the website faster); besides some other cookies also get stored in the hard disk. All these stored files create problems along with consuming space.
So, the disk cleanup process cleans all these files and releases the space occupied by these unwanted files.
Following are the simple steps of disk cleanup
Run from My Computer
- Click Start
- Go to All Programs
- Go to Accessories
- Go to System Tools
- Click Disk Cleanup